Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Play It Again Sam

I am trying for another IPO tonight.  So far I have pretty much been shut out, except for a ridiculously small number of shares with QEPM.  Knowing my luck, I will finally get a full allotment and the IPO will crash coming out of the gate.

Tonight is is SFX Entertainment.  The way the market has been the first two days of this week, I am guessing they wished they had gone public a couple of weeks ago.

The past two days have been some tough sledding for my portfolios.  I think it is human nature to expect that in a downturn that your portfolio will perform better than the indices.  NOT!  I am down 2.8% the past 48 hours.  The R3K is down 2.2%.  It is always troubling psychologically to see your portfolio lose value.  But as I am 22% in cash and have more cash coming in the next six weeks, a few stocks put on sale is not necessarily a bad thing for me.  And my dividend stocks will simply buy more shares with reinvested dividends.  The MFI Index is down 3.4% the past two days, and while I am too lazy to calculate it, I suspect my MFI tranches are also down by about that amount.

I have not bought anything yet.  Nor sold anything.  A lot of stuff is starting to look tempting, but I often have the annoying habit of pulling the trigger too early.

Seller's Remorse

I looked at SLCA today.  Over $29!  I sold at $23.08.  My factored shares were 3,000.  So that is $18,000 I left on the table.

Silly Rabbit!

No comments: