Thursday, October 31, 2013

Low IQ

I am kicking myself regarding IQNT. This is a stock that was initially in my August 15 2013 MFI portfolio.  The day after I bought it, I read a negative article about it and I was scared off and switched to AGX (selling the IQNT for essentially a wash).

While AGX has been a terrific stock (up 47% for me thus far), IQNT is also looking exceedingly strong. They announced very good earnings this morning along with excellent guidance. They are up 26% just on the day (and up 52% since my buy/sell). If I had had a bit of courage, I would have bought them first thing this morning. They did gap up about 6% at the open! but it could be sitting on a 20% gain for the day. Maybe when I retire, I will try that sort of fast fingered trading.

Speaking of AGX, I must have been asleep at the switch last month. I missed AGX announcing a special 75 cent dividend. I wonder if other people missed it as the day it went x dividend (oct 10th, the stock did not move much). But the 10th was an excellent day for the markets, so perhaps that explains it.

I just saw where FLR announced their earnings.  It all looks ok to me, though the stock traded down 2% today and is off another three percent this evening.  I think the issue is either their guidance for 2014 was a bit lower than consensus (but that is likely UPOD), and their backlog shrunk slightly (which surprised me a bit as my rationale for buying was I think we are on verge of a construction renaissance).

I will be happy to get this week over.  Not a disaster, but am drifting down a bit (about 1/2 a point today).

No comments: