Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I Have Had Better Days

The day started poorly with WU having poor guidance. They ended up down about 12%. But it was a real "rainy Days and Mondays Always get Me Down" kind of day.

CYOU was down 3.8%
GA was down 4.4%
GTAT was down 2.6%
KLIC was down 4.1%
SBS was down 3.6%
TCPT was down 4%

S o while RPXC was the good news, up 5.5%, I was down overall by 1.4%.  That was my worst day since October 8th.

I expect the sun will come out tomorrow still. I did sell my ACAS today for 14.18. S it was a nice holding, up a bit more than 11% pour moi. I also did buy (on a whim) a small amount of SCAI IPO in the open market at 27.31. That will be a short term hold.

My plan is to increase cash position during next 2 weeks. I am 24% cash right now and I will likely bump that up towards 27%.  I have decided not to increase MFI stakes by 50% in Novemebr.  The markets just seem to toppy and I will wait for a better time to increase my investements.

And while it is a down day, it is always good to remind one self that it is just one day and not really that bad. I am still up over 34% on the year and beating the index by over eight points.

No comments: