Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hate To Say I Told You So....

Earnings are starting to come fast and furious for some MFI stocks. Obviously I had NUS this morning and it turned out quite satisfactory. This afternoon, UIS, USNA and APOL all reported. I do not own any of them, but they are in my MFI index and UIS is on my watch list for my November tranche.

I had mentioned that UIS was an extremely volatile stock post earnings and it appears I was ever so right. They lost money and the stock is down 14% in after hours. I am ever so glad I got to sell them from my August tranche 2 months ago.  I will continue to watch them, but they need to go well below $22 before I would dip my toe in the UIS pool again.

USNA is in the same space as NUS, but they had earnings at the other end of the spectrum. NUS was up over 8% today. USNA is down over 8% after hours. Expectations were pretty high and I think this market is starting to punish high fliers that do not deliver.

APOL is a stock I considered back in May. They actually beat lowered expectations and are up 11% this afternoon.

Always exciting this time of the quarter.

No comments: