Today was a big up day, helped a ton by GTAT being up $2.03. During that stretch, I am up 10%. That makes me up 5.1% on the year, versus about 70 basis points for Russell 3000. As I mentioned in a previous post, I was quite active today. I bought PM, and added AOD, FGL and KLIC. Then I sold all my SBS.
The changes definitely bumped up my dividend expectations in my dividend portfolio. Going into the weekend, my annual expected dividends (with factor) = $51,558. Now it is bumped to $53,249. Woo-hoo!
|Schloss Golden Rule #13|
Of course, they are probably trying to sell their products (Why GT Advanced Technologies Inc. Still Has Room to Run).
Speaking of selling products, I have gotten a kick out of this one seeking alpha author. I guess they get paid by page view. So he has essentially the same write-up (boilerplate) that he publishes for every IPO. I no longer read it, having been suckered about 4 times. Here are a couple examples:
- Conclusion Of Quiet Period For Malibu Boats Provides Buying Opportunity
- Autohome Quiet Period Expiration Provides A Long Opportunity
- End Of Quiet Period For North Atlantic Drilling Provides Buying Opportunity For Aggressive Investors
- Expiration Of Continental Building Products Quiet Period Could Be A Built-In Long Opportunity
- New Home Company's Quiet Period Expiration Could Prove A Buying Opportunity For The Stock
I could go on for a long time.
Here is an update of the friendly contest I started at beginning of year: