Thursday, February 20, 2014

Need A New ACL

Well, I had a skiing accident this morning. Most beautiful day for skiing I have ever seen in my life. I skied down once and went for a second run. I was skiing carefully as I am not so great. But I am skied similar runs many times. Anyway, I fell in a funny way, kind of backwards. I knew it was not good as I was going down, felt a pop in my knee. (that anterior cruciate ligament is no longer attached).

Everyone was so nice and helpful. A ski instructor (who spoke a little English) helped me stand up. But the knee could not bear any weight. So I came down from the mountain via a snow mobile and am now looking at surgery tomorrow.  I have sent the MRI and everything to a second doctor, just to make sure before I go through with it.

At least it is a good day in the markets (I did get a bill today for 22,000 francs - but I have checked and this will be covered by my accident and health insurance). AVG's earnings were very strong and the stock is up 16% today. MBUU, RIOM and SBS are also doing well.

5 comments:

AndrewsDad said...

Ouch!!! Sorry to hear. Hope the recovery is quick and painless.

Unknown said...

Saw that you were wounded on Ed's blog, sorry to hear. Hope you heal quickly. At least the market is trying to keep your spirits up!
Karl

Unknown said...

Get well soon!!

Phfattack said...

Bummer. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Will you be able to travel, or do you have to stay there for a while?

Marsh_Gerda said...

I will likely need to stay here five days before traveling. Thanks for courage net everyone.