Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Off To The Mountains

Off To Ski!?

Today I travel to the mountains of Switzerland.  On a scale of 1 to 10, I am probably a 3 at best when it comes to skiing.  So I am a bit apprehensive as I have really only skied in the Northeast.  But I will try it; hopefully avoiding any major injuries as I do have a scheduled transatlantic flight this weekend.

I doubt I will be doing much in the markets, though I will likely blog early mornings briefly.  The one stock I am kind of watching now is SBS.  It has really pulled back of late and that may be a buying opportunity.  It is funny as it is a water utility company and it does not seem that it should be so volatile.  I am sure that a fair amount of the variability is based upon currency exchange rates as the dollar strengthens.

Obviously I am pleased with the portfolio of late.  Tuesday ran my winning streak to 8 days.  That makes me up almost 3.5% for 2014. GTAT is pretty much all of that, as it alone is up 44%.

AOD and NVDA go x-dividend today.  I always love it when I have earned another dividend. Real cash coming in my fidelity accounts makes it feel like investing, not speculating.  And then I can let compounding work it's magic.  With yesterday's purchase of FSC, I now have 7 securities that pay a monthly distribution.  With my factor, that is $2,793 per month.  It is getting to be real money. And with compounding, it will be well above $3,000 next year at this time.

No comments: