Monday, February 10, 2014

See You CYOU?

Every now and then I do something halfway intelligent.  For my November tranche, I thought about buying CYOU (which I already owned in my May tranche). Any the end I was worried about their most recent earnings report and went to GA, a competitor of theirs. I see where CYOU reported pretty disappointing outlook this morning. They are down 10%.  They are down about 8% since I considered them in December. GA is up a snappy 25% and is actually my best performing stock in that tranche.

I see where GTAT is trading up  about ten cents this morning. I am a bit paralyzed. I increased my holdings by 50% in December when they dipped with their secondary offering. I have about a $12,000 gain (with my factor)  on that buy. It is tempting to reduce my exposure to GTAT a mite, even if it would be a short term gain. Then if they dip 15% (which they seem to do every two or three weeks), I could buy back in. Of course I made the same case when I pared back my GNW last spring by 4,000 shares and that has cost me about $20,000.

I suppose I will keep holding. After April 16th (when my original tranche is a long term gain: right now with my factor = 102,900), I might pare that back. To put it into perspective, GTAT is 60% larger than my #2 holding.

No comments: