Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Re-Bought FSC For Dividend Portfolio

I re-bought FSC (at $9.64) for my dividend portfolio.  Long time readers will remember that I bought FSC in May of 2012 at $9.78. I then sold them in January 2013 at $10.70 for an 18% profit (including dividends). I had sold them at that time as I had some worries about the sustainability of their dividend.

They have now pulled back a dollar and the 10% dividend seems more sustainable.  An added feature (from my past experience) is that they pay a monthly dividend and if you directly reinvest it, you get a 5% discount on share price.  Better than a sharp stick in the eye!

Otherwise, I am having a great day in market post President's Day, helped a lot by GTAT's being up a dollar.  I am obviously a little regretful at having sold 1/3 of my GTAT recently. That move has cost me (with my multiplier) about $10,000. But the move was to pare back/right size the position a bit and from a risk management move the right one.  I am still doing very well on that stock.  My price was $2.73, which is essentially the five year low for GTAT, so I have tossed in a Schloss golden rule.

Schloss 10

No comments: