Friday, November 22, 2013

Very Solid Week For Newest Tranche

Sitting here at lunch, my newest MFI tranche is up 1.6% since I started it last week. The index is up 30 basis points in same stretch.  Before I hurt myself patting my back, I will note that the 18 reject stocks that I did not pick are up 2.3%!  Some sizable winners in a short week.

RFIL is up 24.7%
SIMO is up 15.3%
GTIV is up 12.2% and
AWRE (which you will recall I bought November 1st, but then sold) is up 9.3%.

LQDT is the big loser, down 23%.

Finally, the five stocks I sold when I started the new tranche are up a slim 34 basis points.

I did the same sort of tracking on my August tranche. It is up a snappy 19.6%. The index is up 9.2%. The 13 rejects are up 9.1%. IQNT is the big winner, at +56%. CVI is the big loser, down 15%.

The five stocks I sold in August have continued to out perform and are up almost 12%. KFY is the big winner, up another 22% (recall I made 35% on KFY).

No comments: