Friday, November 01, 2013

Decent Finale to Week

My portfolio finished the week on an uptick. It was really driven by GTAT which was up 7.7%. I was right (it appears) about FLR having solid earrings last night. While the after market thought they were poor (they were down about 3% yesterday evening), they actually went up almost a percent today.

As we start November, I am thinking more than ever about the November 15th roll over stocks.  I think the front runners are ATVI, AWRE, CALL, PFMT and SYNA. SYNA is a late entrant that makes touch screens for tablets. They sold off sharply recently. CRUS is another stock that sold off sharply that looks pretty cheap, but they get 80% of business from AAPL. That is probably a risk I do not need.  I am also closely watching the construction stocks I already own, AGX and FLR. They are both on list and it is a segment I like for next 12 months.  RFIL dropped 6% today, if they get a bit cheaper! I could consider. NDZ is a dark horse as I like their cash, but they have raw material issues.

Since I did my review of the potential stocks for the upcoming tranche, there have been some pretty material movements.

DHX down 12%
WTW down 11%
CALL down 9%
MSN down 8%
COH down 8%

EBIX up 20%
PBI up 19% (incredible)
RFIL up 18% (even with today's sell off)
NOC up 13%.

No comments: