Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Earnings Blitz About to Start

I was thumbing through a few of my stocks and it appears I have an absolute rash of earnings reports due this week. I am traveling and will only have an ipad, so I will likely not provide full color here.

ABR is November 8th.
BBEP is November 6th
GA is November 6th
HIMX is November 7th
KLIC is November 7th
NVDA is November 7th
RIG is November 6th (note I sold all my shares today at 47.87) and
STRZA is November 6th

GTAT is up about 18% right now, so it is a blow out day for me.  I did have two other stocks report earnings last night.

CF had relatively poor earnings as competition in their space has increased. They are down 3.5%.

TCRD was pretty much at expectations. They are down 70 basis points.

I sold the RIG as the market is feeling extended to me. Also, GS has a sell recommendation on them due to age of fleet and upcoming contract renegotiations.  That makes me 26% in cash.

I keep flip flopping on what stocks I will buy November 15th. I am now also considering GA (they are just a long term growth story) and RPXC (I liked their earnings last week and the market does not seem to be giving full credit). I thought also about another slug of AGX, which has been a high flier in my August tranche.  I went and read their most recent 10q. They have some great projects in their backlog, but until they get ramped up revenues will decline the next couple of quarters, so I am thinking I may get a better entry point in February. Definitely one I want to keep on close watch as I like their space (they are about to start on two power plants near the Marcellus Shale formation). If they show expertise in doing that, there are surely 5 or 6 other similar projects that need building as it makes sense to build right next to the raw power plant material).

No comments: