Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11 12 13

Gotta love the date, at least the US version. Not as exciting in Europe, 12/11/13. Looks like I finally had a good "call". I bought CALL on October 28th. It has been a bit of a disappointment, down almost 10% thus far. But they had solid earnings this evening and are up in happy hour trading by 14%. I guess I was a little bit early.

I see where BBEP is putting out some additional units. They are down about 4% this evening. I will probably use this dip as an opportunity to add some shares in my dividend portfolio tomorrow. I felt they had a stellar quarter a couple of weeks ago. I also like that they are going to a monthly dividend. I can see BBEP becoming a key part of my income portfolio for retirement.

Speaking about my income portfolio, I did sell 60% of my AAPL today at a 14% gain.  At the end, while I still like AAPL and love their products, I think there are better relative values. BBEP is a great example if they dip tomorrow and CSCO is another example.  The other piece of the pie is that I want to have a larger cash hoard (that was a partial driver behind RIG as well). I have had a great year and I (at this point) want to bank a little profit. I am now more than 27% cash.

3 comments:

Joel said...

hey marshall... i'm joel from ed's blog. i read most days and comment every once in a while. wondering your thoughts on CSCO's miss? opportunity to add? or warning sign?
thanks!
joel

Marsh_Gerda said...

Joel, I have not had a chance to read through it yet, but my gut reaction is that this will be a good buying opportunity. For a company the size of CSCO to drop 10% in a day implies that something major has changed.

Joel said...

thanks for the comments... i need to do some more research myself.