Thursday, May 09, 2013

STRZA Reports

The activity continues unabated.  STRZA (one of my MFI stocks) reported this morning as well.  This is the premium cable channel.  It has been one of my best buys, up 50% since February.  My opinion, when reading through the press release (Starz Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results) is that they have gotten a little ahead of themselves.  Still they made 48 cents and as a subscription channel, their earnings are pretty constant quarter over quarter.  So this is a company earning basically $2 a share per year.  So a $23 price is not outrageous. But they have been busy spending cash on buying back building and stock, so their cash hoard has largely been depleted. It does not seem as if it were poorly spent, so I guess that is ok.  I have to say, I would not buy them at this price, and if I was not under MFI rules, I would be very tempted to take my 50% gain.

No comments: