Thursday, May 09, 2013

CF Industries - Sweet Fertlizer Business (if that is possible)

The parade of earnings continue to come in.  It seems my newest stocks (as of Monday) are especially active.  CF Industries announced this morning (CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Reports Record First Quarter Earnings) and it was pretty much music to my ears.

  • current quarter very good helped by low energy prices (think I mentioned that in my analysis)
  • Upcoming quarter looks good due to high corn prices and high demand for fertilizer.
This is not the sexiest stock in the world, but the world needs food.  And to grow food at high yields requires fertilizer.  And there are not really that many companies that sell it. For some reason, they are relatively cheap and that is why I bought them.

Tonight NVDA will announce their earnings, so the beat goes on.  Oh, also my AAPL stock today went x-dividend.  I think the upcoming payout will be the largest regular quarterly dividend ever paid.  That seems pretty impressive for a company that just started paying divvies a year ago.  And I see lots of upside to that.

One final note, I also would not be surprised this year to see KLIC initiate a dividend.  They just have SO much cash.  I think that could be a catalyst to move them up 10 to 20%.

No comments: