Thursday, May 02, 2013

Earnings for NUS and GTAT

Well, the earnings parade for my stocks continued last night.  I have to say the prior day was very strong, with VIA, WU and GNW all having very good days post earnings. 

Last night it was NUS and GTAT.  When I bought Nuskin on February 1st, I knew I wanted a MLM type firm as they had been beaten down too much post HLF.  It had been down to USNA and NUS.  I picked NUS as I liked their Chinese exposure.  Then I watched USNA rocket upwards (from $34.68 to $54.93 in th past quarter).  But the NUS move is working our well, as they started a bit slowly but have been a pretty steady eddy since.  I bought them at $41.94 and have gained over 27% since then. Here is their earnings report (Nu Skin Enterprises Reports Record First-Quarter Results And Raises 2013 Guidance).  So they are trading at a bit more than 11x forward earnings.  But they also have a couple hundred million of excess cash, something I generally look for. They are up over 4% right now.

I always hold my breath when GTAT announced.  It can often be a volatile stock.  This time I felt everything looked decent (GT Advanced Technologies Inc. Announces Results for First Quarter Fiscal Year 2013), but the stock is down about 3% right now.

No comments: