Friday, May 31, 2013

MFI/Dividend Blend - Additional Thoughts

I thought a bit more about my "plan" to start a bucket of MFI/dividend stocks. When I look at current top 50 list, between 20 and 25 stocks make the cut. This is due to a number of special dividends of late and companies generally ratcheting up their dividends. Frankly, I am not sure I want 20 to 25 stocks in my dividend portfolio. At some point, the transaction costs are to high for one reason. So I would really prefer to cut it in half, say 10 to 12. But I am not sure what the best way is to accomplish that.  I could start with top 30 list instead of top 50. I could start with top 50 and take 10 to 12 largest market caps that qualify. Or I could take the ones with smallest market caps. Or I could just pick the ones I like the most, though I am afraid of bias.


Hmmmm

No comments: