Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Earnings For VIA and WU

We are really working our way through earnings season.  Last night/this morning I had three of my stocks report: GNW, VIAB and WU.  I have already discussed GNW at some length.  Looking through Viacom and Western Union, I am generally pleased.  They both look very solid.  We shall see what the market thinks.  Both stocks were part of my November 15th MFI tranche.  They have also both done generally pretty well. VIA (Viacom Reports Results For Second Quarter 2013) is up 32% since I bought them, and WU (Western Union Reports First Quarter Results) is up almost 18%.

So looking down my laundry list of stocks and how they have done in earnings, I have not had too many fall in the ugly category.  UIS and NEM are the two I can name without digging. I guess CSCO and ABC were slightly disappointing.  On the decent side, GNW (I think), AAPL, MSFT, DLB all were pretty solid.  Something must be going right as my portfolio is at a lifetime high (better find some wood to knock on after saying that!). GTAT and SD, two pretty high beta stocks are coming up very soon.

No comments: