Saturday, December 07, 2013

Tis The Season To Make Lists

'Tis The Season

Time to make lists (and also 2014 Calendars, so I will be taking liberty to share some pictures with my 30 readers).

I was just reading Barron's (they are quite bullish on COH) and they made their list for the top ten picks for 2014.  I was also on Merrill Lynch's website earlier this week, and they also had a list.

In that vein, I have also created my top ten list for 2014.  I encourage my readers to submit their lists to me as well.  Then, my plan it to track them during 2014 and we can see how everyone does!

It is interesting that two of my largest holdings with a fair amount of uncertainty are CSCO and INTC.  Barron's likes INTC and ML/BAC likes CSCO.

Index MG Barrons ML/BAC
1 GNW ABX ADM
2 GTAT CNQ CAT
3 SBS CNQ CTL
4 HIMX DE C
5 HIG-WT GM CSCO
6 KLIC INTC DVA
7 CF MET XOM
8 BAC-WTA NSRGY GM
9 RPXC SPG NEE
10 ATVI LCC NUE

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Marsh,
Congrats on a great investing year and good luck for next year. Here are my top 10, which are basically high dividend yielding MFI stocks:

CA
CLCT
CSCO
LO
MANT
MSFT
PETS
RGR
USMO
VCI

Best,
Eric

Unknown said...

Marsh,
I would like to second what Eric said and add that we really appreciate your efforts on the MFI Diary. My picks are also MFI dividend stocks. However I am buy January, 2015 deep in the money calls with strike prices about 80% of the current quote. They are as follows....

Stock Strike Current
Symbol Price Price
MO $30 $7.05
RAI $42 $8.70
LO $40 $12.07
RGR $55.50 $22.33
CSCO $17 $4.50
CA $27 $6.00
MSFT $30 $8.98
HRB $25 $4.95
RTN $70 $19.50
GTAT $7 $3.30

I will try to update the prices at the close on 12/31. I am sure you will follow the last one with grate interest! :) Karl N

Unknown said...

PS - I do know the difference between 'grate' and 'great'! Doggone spellcheckers, bah humbug.