Monday, December 16, 2013

HIMX Up Sharply

HIMX is up almost 8% for me today. Not exactly sure why.  Northland Securities did rate it as a "top pick"
for 2014, perhaps that is causing the spike. This was a stock where I over-rode my instincts.  I first bought them on November 1st at $9.54. They then missed earnings and I decided to add to my position. Typically when I do that I buy fewer shares than I currently hold. But this time I tripled my share count (using my multiplier I went from 3,000 to 9,000) with the new shares at 8.64 basis.

It was definitely an up day for me. GTAT also had a nice bounce, up 4.6%.  So I am now 1.4% under my all time high set on November 29th.

After shoveling 7 inches of snow away on Sunday, I see where we are expecting another two to four inches tomorrow starting during morning commute.  Should be good skiing this year.

No transactions today. Generally the market drifts upwards in December and early January. So I would be very content to just drift up with it. I do have a couple of positions I am starting to second guess. My post IPO buy (ATHM) and TC. But I need to have a portfolio approach.  TC just needs a catalyst (like TC IR saying they are fine) to pop 10 to 15%. ATHM should do well four weeks post IPO when preliminary analyst reports come out. I should have waited that stretch for VJET and SCAI as they both increased demand for shares.  I will wait this time.

No comments: