Monday, December 30, 2013

Sold My ATHM

Sold my ATHM at $35.03 early this morning.  This was never meant to be a long term holding, rather it was a post IPO play as I have noted that many of the more desirable IPOs have gone up very nicely in the 3 to 6 weeks post the IPO offering.

And it worked.  I ended up 21.6%, which is an $18,000+ gain with my multiplier.  The taxes will be in 2013, but in my mind ATHM has gotten a bit ahead of itself and with such a large position I was in no mood to risk those gains.  I know, I know, I said I would be more patient.  But I was more patient than in the past, where I would have sold it the first day or two of it's spiking last week.

This will also give me a nice chunk of cash to start the new year with as I consider where to put my money to work.

Got about a foot of snow here last night.  After they clear the roads a bit, we will be heading back to Southern New England.  They have a pretty funny McDonald's ad running where they ask people to do different New England accents.  As I live in Connecticut, you need to listen to that one...


No comments: