Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hoping to Benefit

IPO Alert

I am trying for my 3rd IPO of the season tonight through my Fidelity Account.  The first was SFM. It shot up over 70% the first day, but Fidelity did not allocate me any shares.  They claimed they only had 5,000 shares to distribute across their entire shareholder base.  I was displeased.  The second was QEPM.  Using my multiplier, I asked for 5,000 shares and got 100. Get the picture?  Hrd to get excited about that. They are up about 8%, I think I have covered the commission now!

Numero trois is BNFT.  This is a company that provides cloud based software for employers and insurance companies.  I think if I get shut out again, I will likely give up with Fidelity.  They are clearly not a player in the world of IPOs.

Thinking of the phrase "shut out" makes me think of The Sting.  Wasn't that what they did to the guy when they weren't ready to make his horse bet?

No comments: