Thursday, September 05, 2013

Exciting AGX Earnings

One of my MFI stocks, AGX, reported earnings this morning. I read through them and thought year were good. I especially liked where the backlog is going as that is future revenue for a construction company.  Just like GAME, the market agreed with me at the open. AGX went up about four percent. And then.... It went down about 2%, so a six point swing in a short time frame.  But as I sit here eating my lunch sandwich from Panera's, they are back up (about 2%). Say tuned.

AGX was (so far) a great last second audible for my August MFI portfolio. They are up 21% and frankly are singlehandedly responsible for my overall +5.1% for that tranche.  The August tranche is beating the Russell 3000 by a solid five points. Also, I did pick the best (so far again) from my list. The August 2012 MFI tranche is down 1.8% since 8/15 and the rejects (the stocks I considered but did not pick) are down 1.25%.

My big winner today is SBS. Up about 10%. I made my first buy at 9.85 and then added more shares at 8.80.  Currently at 9.39, so am still a bit in the red.  SBS is one of my best stocks of all time.  I bought in may of 2010 and made 136%. I also bought back in September 2010 and gained 130%. My five buy/sells on SBS have averaged 102% with average holding periods of about eighteen months. Knock on wood that SBS can workt its magic for me again!

No comments: