Thursday, July 18, 2013

Up, Up and Away

My portfolio continues to rise like the hot ar balloon in the Wizard of Oz.  I am at all time high and up 21.3% for the year. My recent hot run has placed me 1.23 points above the Russell 3000. The star performer has been the MFI portfolio. It has absolutely rocketed.  At the end of June, it was 4.3% over the benchmark and now it is 7.2%!

But my entire portfolio has been rocking since July 1st. It is up 6.3% overall.  The only stock really not working right now is INTC. But I will be patient with them.

In my discretionary portfolio, GNW is now up 83% (over $13.00). GTAT is up 49% since I re bought and 85% since I went in big in March. ACAS is now up 5.8% and even KLIC is up marginally. All combined, the four stocks are up almost 42%.

I am starting to wonder if I should sell PRE from my discretionary portfolio. I do think it will be a bad quarter for them given spike in interest rates and European flooding.  But on the flip side it has been a solid longer term hold for me and I think in grand scheme it is still under valued. So I will likely hold, even if we get a pull back this quarter end. It might actually be a time to add to my position in event of a five percent pullback.

I commented on NUS, when they had their enhanced guidance that I thought the stock could go to 100 as momentum investors came aboard. That looked wrong at first as they did pull back a bit after the one huge day. But it has a new head of steam to day and is up about 6% over 82 dollars.

No comments: