Friday, August 22, 2014

Good Earnings Reports

GPS And BRCD Have Solid Earnings

Kind of strange, but I had two stocks report earnings last night.  GPS is one of my largest holdings and their earnings seemed decent (Gap Inc. Reports Second Quarter Results).  They raised guidance (always good), sales up 3% (shows how much retail struggles), entering India and has $1.52 billion in cash.

A key metric for me is operating earnings, and it increased from 521 million to 567 million, so that is good.

BRCD is one of my newest stocks, added last Friday as part of my August 15th 2014 MFI tranche.  I was really pleased.  Revenues were up 2%, but the number that really caught my eye was operating income, up from $74m to $117m. Like many of these older tech companies, they have a lot of cash, 1.15b, which is about $2.70 per share.

Have a great Friday everyone!

No comments: