Well, my MFI tranche from last year is officially closed. I have sold the RPXC, which was a loss, to harvest short term capital losses. I will sell the winners on Monday, to make sure they are long term gains. But for the purposes of tracking, they are officially closed today. It was an excellent tranche:
|Start||Current||Dividend||Pct Gain||R3K Gain|
It trounced the benchmark R3K, having results twice as good! I wish I could guarantee that every time. But when you pick five stocks, one real stinker or one super stock can make a big difference. Such was the case here as AGX soared 140%!
The Next Five Stocks
I have kicked around a lot of ideas. And it is possible that I will change my mind before noon tomorrow when I plan to make the buy. But here is my intention, assuming no material news or change in prices:
- AGX - this was such a great stock that I am going to roll them over. I will have to sell some shares as they are way higher than a full MFI stake with the 140% pop.
- CSCO - this is a stock in my May tranche and in my kid's college funds. Not sexy, but should be a solid pick.
- ITRN - this is a mid cap Israeli stock on the screen. They pay a 3% dividend and seem to have a nice little niche.
- BRCD - this is a former go-go stock from the 2000 internet bubble days. They (like NVDA which I owned a year ago) are a solid company, earning real money with a great balance sheet.
- CBI - Basically an exchange from FLR to CBI. Class engineering and construction firm. They seem really beaten down.
I will be increasing the funds committed to this tranche by 25%. That will not show up in the tables I produce, though it will be reflected in my YTD overall portfolio figures.
Here are ten stocks I will track as bridesmaids: HLF, NUS, HRB, VIAB, RGR, BCOR, CA, BKE, AAPL and ACN.
Stay tuned this weekend for the official list.