Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Quick Thoughts

Going under the knife tomorrow, just wanted to post a couple quick thoughts before I get my new acl. I did increase my stake in avg at 18.29 today. I was very frustrated by market selling them off. They gave great guidance in February (at that time they already knew 1/2 the quarter) and SYMC seems to be a train wreck. I just got a new computer and plan to install avg software.

GNW was mentioned by activist investor John Paulson today, and the stock popped nicely after he proposed that splitting GNW into two pieces would unlock value. I have been saying similar things here (Australian IPO is good first step) for two years. I still think they are a good value at $18.

Squill awaiting GTAT earnings this late afternoon. AVG earnings were very respectable, stock should be up at least 4% tomorrow IMHO. CF earnings were exactly as expected, should be quiet day, unless something comes up on earnings call. They are being challenged by higher NG prices.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Best of luck on your surgery!
Karl N

Unknown said...

Good luck and get well soon. Take care!

Unknown said...

Good luck Marsh.

Brian B.

Unknown said...

Hope your surgery and recovery go well, Marsh!

Joel said...

Good luck!

Marsh_Gerda said...

Thanks for encouragement everyone. Surgery went well resting comfortably now in y bedroom.

jb said...

Good to hear your surgery went well. I hope you have a speedy recovery.