Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Another Slow Day On The Home Front

Am still recovering from my ACL surgery last Thursday. I kind of thought by this time I would be moving around decently.  But if I do too much (which frankly isn't a whole heck of a lot), it really starts to throb.  I am starting to do some leg lifts and I will start physical therapy at the end of the week (so not looking forward to that). But Doctor was pleased with the way the wound has healed, I will get better.

LMNS Bouncing Back

I commented yesterday that the LMNS earnings seemed ok.  But at the opening bell, the market begged to disagree - the stock sold off from $9.50 to $9.00. But I just looked at the most recent price is $9.56.  I may look to sell some more shares. Done, I put in an order to sell 12% of my remaining shares.

GTAT Has Another Good Day

After a 22% drop last week and then falling another 2 or 3% at the open on Monday, I felt GTAT had dropped too much (under $13).  So I increased my position about 15% at 13.01.  I just sold those shares this morning at $14.10, for a one day 8.4% gain.  I may start doing this a bit more.  There are fifteen to twenty stocks that I follow closely and I believe have a good understanding of when they are oversold.

CSCO reports tonight after the closing bell.  I do not really have high hopes for this earnings report as they signaled a pretty poor quarter back in February.  More of a longer term play for me.  If they really sold off, and I felt that was over done, I could look to re-initiate them in my dividend portfolio.

No comments: