Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Five New Stocks

I bought five new stocks today as the May 6th 2013 MFI tranche hit it's anniversary.  This weekend, I will provide nice tables etc, but thought I would give a quickie ipad update here.

The final portfolio ended up 33% versus 18.9% for benchmark.  My five new stocks are stocks I hinted I would buy over the weekend.

  1. AVG at 19.55
  2. CA at 29.54
  3. CSCO at 22.79
  4. NSR at 25.82 and
  5. RCII at 28.78. 
Always exciting for me to start a new tranche. I will also track the reject portfolio, to see if I missed any great opportunities.  My rejects included AAPL, ATVI, br, Bwc, COH, GME, MSFT, NTES, PFMT and SNDK. 

1 comment:

John said...

Great blog!

I am new to MIF and I have a question for you: How do you choose from the 30 stocks that appear on the MIF screen, since the stock are not listed by rank?Is it perhaps better to buy all 30stocks at once or randomly choose 5 or six stocks, every 3 months, as joe greenblatt suggests? What has worked for u and what type of returns have you achieved over time? I l saw an index you created using MIF but I did not go through all your posts to see how you have faired. Thanks!