Thursday, March 06, 2014

PXLW Trade

I got a little "speculative" today. I have watched a stock called PXLW for the past three or four months. They are a small company that was profiled on seeking alpha. They struck me as interesting as they had decent growth potential, but also were making a little money and did not have horrible balance sheet.

I saw over lunch that they had announced that AAPL was now a 10%+ customer.  As we have seen from GTAT, that can be a real golden halo. They had ale ready popped over 50% on the day! but my experience has been that these things typically have had follow through for a couple of days.

So I bought a largish stake at 7.39. By the end of lunch, I had sold at $7.63 for about a $2,400 gain with my multiplier. I then proceeded to watch it sky rocket from there as a buy side analyst commented that they were now worth about $10. So my early trade, while netting me the 2,400, left another $12,000 on the table.

I decided to buy back in at end of day if it pulled back a bit. It never did, so I bought a half share (5,000 shares with multiplier) at end of day at $8.90.

I know this is not "normal" for me. But it was a stock I had followed and seemed to me like a worthy opportunity.   We will see what happens tomorrow. (Note: they are at $9.50 after hours - so I could sell for another $3,000 right now).

No comments: