Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Just Watched Mad Money

While I do not like to use Cramer for stock advice, I do occasionally watch his show. He is pretty decent at picking out trends. The one he spoke about tonight kind of meshes with what I have been saying about my upcoming May MFI tranche. He highlighted a bunch of "value" stocks (IBM, JNJ, CAT and MSFT) that have been doing well lately. He believes that there is a rotation taking place from speculative growth stocks to value stocks. I agree with that, although I would go a step further and say larger cap value stocks.

So that might be bad news for my LMNS play. Not that LMNS is a fly by night unprofitable IPO, but it is not a value play. Might be bad news for some of the bio techs, the z3d printing and some of the social media names as well. Now I am not convinced the large cap value stocks will go up, but I think they will be safer.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Marshall I agree with you regarding LC value stocks and have moved significant funds from growth to LC value stocks in the last week and expect to continue to do so.