Thursday, June 25, 2009

CKSW at 52 Week High

CKSW is almost a triple for me as I bought them January 5th at $1.99 and they closed today at $5.88, up 8% on heavy volume. That places them at a 52 week high. It sure is tempting to sell them, but I am following the rules... so watch me tear out my hair if they decline back! That is my 2nd triple this year, TC was the first. FSUMF is my next hope, up 118%.

One wild thing I have noticed since buying PFE is how negative people are about the stock (I am up 7%). Here are some of the plethora of nay-sayers:

Large Pharma Set for EPS Cuts
Against the Grain: Sell Pfizer!
Pfizer: Still Limited Upside

I know it isn't a sexy stock, except perhaps for users of the purple pill... but it seemed pretty beaten down to me and after the Wyeth deal closes, I think the stock can move towards $18. Plus a 4% dividend. I was simply looking for some ballast.

1 comment:

Homer315 said...

I might put a trailing stop on CKSW if I were you. It doesn't even have to be that much, maybe a 15 or 20% drop from here. I bought it on June 3 I believe and it is already up 35% for me.