Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Do Not Buy SNDK!

Until I get a chance to buy them!  SNDK has been on my short, short list for my upcoming February MFI tranche. I think they are a great company. This evening they had earnings that I felt were superb. I am so tempted to buy them now and then edge them into the upcoming Feb MFI tranche, but I won't as that has never really worked well for me.  But I think that if they are trading within 5% of whee they are today! they are a virtual shoo-in.

AAPL is another company I am pretty sure I will buy. I actually already have them in the 2012 February tranche, so it will just be an add! not a complete buy.  AAPL announces January 27th. ATVI is also on the extremely short list, along with NSR. They should both announce post my buy.  Final slot is up for grabs. Sill thinking about another slug of RPXC. FL is another possibility that will give me some exposure to US consumer.  PFMT is a long shot. CSCO is out of favor after I saw the IBM earnings. COH seems to be losing their brand a bit.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I notice you are looking at the retailers. How about lulu? The sp has been beaten down quite a bit due to poor earning.

AndrewsDad said...

Can you give me a run down on why you like SNDK? I just took a quick look and yes, I find them interesting but was curious why you believe they are a buy. Once I hear your reasons, I will give you mine.

FYI... I also own STX at a cost of $15 and AAPL at a cost of $490.

Marsh_Gerda said...

Great gain on STX. I remember your commenting on them a year or two ago. I just never had the courahe to buy them or WDC.. really missed out on serious profits. I will write up SNDK, but I think they have great products coming out and represent growth at a reasonable price.

Lynn - I am not a fan of lulu, they are still too expensive for my taste.

Marsh_Gerda said...

Great gain on STX. I remember your commenting on them a year or two ago. I just never had the courahe to buy them or WDC.. really missed out on serious profits. I will write up SNDK, but I think they have great products coming out and represent growth at a reasonable price.

Lynn - I am not a fan of lulu, they are still too expensive for my taste.

AndrewsDad said...

Thanks.

I keep hearing about SNDK because of STX and have always thought at some point, they might get bought.

Here is what interests me in the stock... Go to the Yahoo Finance Analyst Estimates page and look at the 5 year estimates. I like growth rates that are above the industry. A PE less than the industry and a growth rate above the PE. I like to see a history of earnings surprises. Net cash on hand is good from Yahoo Finance statistics page and a dividend is always nice. Now its not the MFI Diary 2.4% minimum... but ok.

Once I see all or most of these, then its time to research.