Saturday, February 09, 2013

The Blizzard

I have been around for more than 50 years.  I have seen snow, growing up in Indiana.  But nothing prepared me for what I woke up to today in Connecticut.  It is a fricking wall of snow out there.  I went to bed last night, and we probably had about 7 to 8 inches at that time.


Here is the back patio. This picture does not really do it justice.  The angle is a bit deceiving.  The picture on the right is at floor level.  The second set of panes is about 33 inches up.  Likely that some of it is drifting, but looking around the house, I would say it is pushing 2 feet on average.

It is still snowing, but definitely slowing down.  Very windy as well. But our power never went out. House is toasty.  We have plenty of food, which is good as I am not sure when we will dig out.

1 comment:

jb said...

i feel your pain. we had 11 ft in anchorage, alaska last winter. not sure if we got 2 feet all at once, but it sure felt like it sometimes. good luck digging out - that's a lot of work.
oranje