Thursday, February 21, 2013

HFC Raises Dividend

Holly Frontier Raises Dividend

We all know my favorite three word phrase is "Raising Our Dividend", which I will shorten to ROD. Got another raise today with HFC (HollyFrontier Corporation Announces 50 Percent Increase in Regular Dividend and Additional $0.50 Special Dividend).  I will be getting two dividends this quarter, a 50 cent dividend the first week of March and a 30 cent dividend two weeks later.

These will be the 9th and 10th dividends I have gotten from HFC.  The quarterly dividends keep getting bumped: 10 cents, 15 cents, 20 cents and now 30 cents.  Then this will also my fifth special 50 cent dividend.  So if you add them all up 5 x 0.50 + 0.10 + 2 x 0.15 + 0.20 + 0.30 = $3.40 of dividends thus far.  On a stock I bought for $34.66 on February 22nd last year (almost exactly a year ago today).

So I do at times think about selling my refiners, but increasing the dividend to me is a bullish sign that they are confident in future cash flows.

No comments: