Sunday, June 11, 2006

Tomorrow


"Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love ya tomorrow..." Certainly is a hopeful song. Is there hope tomorrow for the stock market? I think last week was officially the worst week in eons. Let's see... we were down 355 points for the week. The week ending April 11th, 2005 we were down 373. There doesn't that make you feel better? Wow, in July 2002 we had back-to-back weeks of declines of 665 and 694. Like my mother always said, "things are never so bad that they can't get worse". Such an optimist.

The Stock Trader's Almanac says, "Sell in May and then Go Away"... certainly seems true this year, though no one has really explained to me why it is true.

It is depressing. They say women make better investors than men. Men look at the numbers every day and try and discern patterns and meanings. Women just toss in money regularly and look at the statement once a year. Probably also explains why we're more suspectible to heart attacks.

That is where the MFI approach helps me. Sure I still look at the numbers ad nausem, but at least I have a plan. And thus far I have stuck to it with help of a support group (you) a la Weight Watchers. So I leave you once again, off to watch my Dallas Mavericks in Game 2. Mark Cuban is my hero. (Blog Mavericks)

No comments: