Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Red Sea

If you open Microsoft Encarta and look up the Red Sea, I am not sure whether you'd "sea" the map on the left or my MFI Portfolio. My little portfolio of 26 stocks now trails the IWV benchmark by almost 3%. I pulled out my Little Book today for guidance. I may begin quoting passages daily:

"The Magic Formula portfolio fared poorly relative to the market averages in 5 out of every 12 months tested."

Hmmm, seems I have found one of those months, from May 12th to June 7th so far! I am not whining, I know it is a marathon rather than a sprint. So far, just eight of my 26 babies are in the green. MGLN is the leader by far at +12.5%.

I sleep well at night. I have confidence in the approach, though I have "thought" about selling one or two stocks early. Actually, knowing I would have to confess to "you" is one thing that has kept me from straying from the approach.

Well, time to call it a "blog", the Mavericks start their first NBA Finals right now!

No comments: