Monday, June 05, 2006

The Sky is Falling!


Anyone who lived through the Internet Bubble Days knows that there are certain days that you don't even want to look and see how your investments fared. Today is one of those days. We probably have 8 to 10 of those days every year and to be honest, while they suck... they don't really matter in the long haul.

I did look. It did suck. Tomorrow should be better. My MFI portfolio actually dropped by a whopping 3.2%. That is hard to do with a portfolio of 26 stocks. Not that I am bragging. Heck, I didn't even get the Cramer halo. He recommended good old HW on Friday. It started off the day up almost 3%, but ended up down 2%. I guess that makes Head Wind one of my stellar performers.

Actually, looking at the list (as painful as it is), my only green on the entire portfolio was KG, the "King of Stocks". I should have waited another day to buy ORCT, which tanked 5.4%. And RAIL extended its extraordinary losing streak falling another 6.8%!

I actually had a moment of weakness and bought PTSC.OB this morning. While I think it will make money (they basically have a hammerlock on a number of high-tech, cash rich firms), I should have waited a day, week, whatever... basically the story of all my recent purchases. It is difficult to call a bottom, so the good part about MFI is you know you're buying value stocks, so you can catch a falling knife and still make money over the year.


Well as the Beatles would say: "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da "! (Disclaimer: I actually like the Beatles, but they did intentionally try to write some meaningless songs later in their recording years just to see what people would say).

No comments: