Thursday, June 01, 2006

Analyze This!

Wow, stock market volatility seems to be on the rise. Nice to have a system. Today officially put me above zero again... hopefully I will never ever dip below again! I got above zero, despite one of my newest stocks, RAIL being an absolute drag today. Can't be a very bullish sign to tank on a day the market is up 1%.

Jon Markman is one of the two talking heads that I listen to (Jim Jubak is the other). He had a nice write up on OVTI and why it is a nice buy with the digital camera boom.
Jon Markman OVTI Comments

FREIGHTCAR AMERICA, (NasdaqNM) Edit
Range:1d 5d 3m 6m 1y 2y Type:Bar | Line | CdlScale:Linear | LogSize:M | L
Compare:RAIL vs S&P Nasdaq Dow
Chart




Pretty funny, in my recent flurry of analysis, I didn't buy FTD and said I would not touch it with a ten foot sunflower. Apparently, I was not the only one who thought so. Check out Nick's comments in his MFI Blog on May 30th.

A Magic Formula Investing Blog

Interestingly I passed over FTD a number of times at lower price points due to the high debt and non- existent earning. I also passed up EGY at just over $4. Another error of omission? Should I rethink my process? Nah, I also missed bombs like PLAY, JAKK, and FORD!”


No comments: