Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Re-bought FCX

As my reads know, I sold quite a few dividend stocks in the past three months (LNC, FCX, TROX, 1/2 PRE, WBK KSS, PM, SBS and CPL). Overall, the sale of these stocks was very beneficial to me as they have dropped in aggregate by well over 15%.

But I still "like" almost of of these companies, just felt that the market had gotten ahead of itself.  So I generally put in buy orders on stocks I still like with a limit price down five, ten or fifteen percent.  Last week, I almost had my KSS triggered as they sold off about ten percent. Today, I did have my FCX buy triggered at 32.17. S I sold 1100 shares (with my mystery multiplier) of FCX on 10/11 for $40.96 and just bought back the same number of shares at a 20% discount. Not su where they go from here, as the sell off was related to their proposed acquisition of mcmoran exploration, but I do feel good about getting in twenty percent cheaper (and an implied yield of 3.3%) than about two months ago.

Just for full disclosure, here are other stocks on my buy list:

LNC at 21.07
Pm at 76.71
WBK at 101.00
Sbs at 68.25
Dell at 8.80 (I put that in before GS upgraded them).
KSS at 41.00

Wile some of these prices may seem low, you just never know when there will be a flash crash or an air pocket move. Betters to have the orders ready, so I do not get too emotional.  Of course, this doesn't always work... I did get additional shares of INTC the same way and then it continued to plummet. S I do not necessary get a bottom feeder price.

No comments: