Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Frustration & Politics

Yes, I do get frustrated from time to time. I had 4 companies announce earnings yesterday (PNCL, FTO, HW & TRLG). I felt the 1st three had decent numbers.
  • PNCL squeaked out a one cent gain.
  • FTO was down.
  • HW got hammered 14%!
  • TRLG dropped about 20% in AH.
I should not let it bother me, but it does. So I was basically flat on Tuesday with the HW drag in a positive market day. Today will likely be severe with TRLG looking bad. I would be a buyer of either stock. ASEI did shake off its initial 10% drop from Monday and is now higher... so these things can be ST.

On the political side, looks like the Dems won in a rout. The markets seem none too pleased, though I suspect nothing will change while Bush is in office. I do believe the markets have gotten ahead of themselves, we are not past the spectre of slow growth + inflation.

No comments: