Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wile E Coyote vs the Roadrunner

Was there ever a better cartoon? Wile E Coyote would form some intricate scheme to capture the Roadrunner. Invariably, the Coyote would get close, only to get the infamous, "Beep-Beep" and the Roadrunner would speed away.

So it seems with my MFI portfolio. A few times I have been gaining ground on the benchmark IWV (and breakeven), only to hear, "Beep-Beep". We all think we're the Roadrunner, but in fact most of us are the Coyote. Sad but true.

A few rambling thoughts on this bleak day which saw my MFI value drop about 1.2%.

  • I was right about PNCL yesterday (for a day at least). Today they got word about NWAC renegotiating with them and the stock jumped about 10% (Pinnacle to Negotiate Flying With NWa).
  • I was wrong yesterday about PONR (for a day at least) as it sank to $23.65.
  • PTSC gave back a good chunk of recent gains, dropping over 6%.

The pressure to sell MFI stocks prior to year-end may have been relieved for me. I decided to sell my PFACP in my non MFI portfolio. After Thomas Ko appeared to be wrong on CHCI and his debate with JD I decided to re-visit in detail his arguments for buying PFACP. A little late, as I alreadu had bought the stock... note to self, do reseach first. My reading was that he had mis-stated some of the facts.

More on this later.

No comments: