Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Getting Old

Yesterday was really a bummer of a day for me. My MFI portfolio was up about 1.3% early in the day and then proceded to drop throughout the day, ending slightly in the red. At times I feel like selling my shares and going back to my ad hoc investing style, which has generally worked well for me. I have been very unimpressed with the earning reports in total from the MFI portfolio. While I will stay the course, I may scrap my intentions (for a while) to add additional funds to MFI portfolio this fall.


Pretty funny, Yahoo has begun providing streaming quotes. It is mesmerizing to watch as the portfolio value continuously changes. I don't know that I like it though as it seems slow, though perhaps it is my connection, not Yahoo.

EZEN really has tanked in the past week after some ho-hum earnings (evenues only up 8.7%). The CEO did say some positive things about future bookings (EZENIA! INC. Announces 2006 Second Quarter Financial Results), but the stock is now down 25% for me.

PTSC said that they did not have to announce earnings for the qtr ending May 31st until the end of August. The wait is killing me as I am down 39%.

KG had good earnngs (Mighty Quarter for King), but the stock did nada, even though pharmas seem to be swinging back into favor.

Finally, ISNS had a superb quarter, as I mentioned earlier. Yet it has given back all its gains and then some. Oh well, perhaps things will improve, I hate to be a whiner.

No comments: