Monday, July 17, 2006

UNCLE!


I have just two things to say:
  1. UNCLE!
  2. I am glad I don't use margin.
The DJIA was up today, but I sure didn't see it in my portfolio. I was watching some talking heads today and they were saying late 4th quarter or early 1st Qtr 2007 before the market bottoms. That is a depressing thought. Poor people on margin, having to sell into this decline.

MY MFI portfolio was down another 1.1% today, it is not holding up well in a bear market.

  • PTSC - continues to get slammed, down another 4%. I sure hope they announce quarterly earnings soon and have some good news.
  • PTEN - down 6% to 23.38, I suppose as a derivative to lowered NG prices. Cramer said he'd pick NBR over PTEN, but both seem dirt cheap to me.
  • FTO - down a massive 6.7% today. Not sure why, though it had gone up last week, so I suppose people felt like profit taking. I see HOC was down 5%.

I wish I had some good news. The CEO of HW was on Mad Money and to be frank, he didn't sound very inspiring.

Let us see if JG has any comforting words... hmmm, can't even find the book right now. Pretty typical of the way things are going right now. Have a good one! It does help me to type out my misery.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Smile! The weak will give up on MFI or never adopt it in the first place- that is good news for us!

Marsh_Gerda said...

yeah, we may be the only 2 investors in the US sticking with the program. Hope we have enough left at the end for a beer.

MG