Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On

It is not a PC song, but it does have a nice beat:

Down on the corner, by the traffic light,
everybody's lookin', as she goes by,
they turn their heads and they, watch her till she's gone.

Lord have mercy, Baby's got her blue jeans on!
up by the bus stop, and across the street,
open up their windows, to take a peek,
y'all she goes walking, rockin' like a rollin' stone.

Heaven help us, baby's got her blue jeans on!

[CHORUS]
She can't help it if she's made that way,
she's not to blame if they look her way,
she ain't really tryin' to cause a scene,
it just comes naturally, lord the girl can't help it.
Good to be humming an upbeat song like that as the market continues to meltdown. My MFI portfolio continues to underperform the underperformance. I now am about $8,000 out of $305,000 invested behind the benchmark IWV. And the IWV is about $5,000 behind cash. So I am about $13,000 down, roughly 4%. Still early in the day so to speak.

Speaking of blue jeans (yes I had a reason for the tune). I have been doing a little research into TRLG. The first item that caught my eye was in that renowned business magazine: People. They mentioned that Jessica Simpson was being sued by a clothing line she represents because she wasn't wearing their clothing as promised. What has she been wearing per the article? True Religion Jeans! (True Religion Jeans) Amen!

The other TRLG story of note was that they are opening their first Manhattan store (TRLG Signs Lease for New York Store). I see these notes and think that TRLG has great growth potential. Man, I just opened one of the TRLG sites, their jeans are not cheap. I'll stick with my Wranglers, though Mrs. Justadrone might like some.

Now if only I can translate some of this potential in various MFI stocks into $$$.

ORCT took another 5% haircut today dropping to $9.26. My thoughts about ORCT being tied to Israeli stability certainly beared out today. I gotta believe this is a short-term flare-up like so many others for Israel. I still have ORCT marked down as a double and the drop should be perceived as a buying opportunity.

OVTI is down to $18.70 today in after-hour trading. Not sure what is causing the activity, perhaps it is from CREE who reported a shortfall AH and is down 15%... though their problems were production-related.

Finally CHKE was down about 5% today. I can only assume that it is fear whether the American consumer will be buying in the 2nd half of 2006. I don't know, I suspect that is a bit over-blown but time will tell.

OK, gotta run. Early flight back from NY tomorrow morning.

No comments: