Thursday, August 29, 2013

We Got Game #%^*&@!

Well, last night I was excited by GAME's earnings. And even this morning during the 30 minute (aka amateur hour) I was excited as the stock was up over 5%. I actually had a sell order in at 4.89, but it appears that was greedy. The stock reversed from around $4.80 and closed at an atrocious $4.07.

I wish I was smart enough to tell you what caused a stock to open up 5% and close down over ten percent when the earnings release and call were last night. I read through the financial statements and they (along with guidance) appeared positive. The big overhang (apparently) is the migration to mobile and GAME's approach.

I am in a bit of a quandary. I frankly already have all the exposure I wanted to this space between CYOU and GA. I was greedy hoping for a quick pop and now I need to decide whether. Want to be overweight in this sector.

It was a decent day otherwise, I certainly made money overall, but the GAME fiasco did cause me to trail the r3k by about twenty basis points.

No comments: