Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Buying More SBS and ACAS

A couple of transactions today as I acted on my write-up the other day.  I sold about 1/3 of my AAPL holdings and then added to my SBS and ACAS positions.  Net/Net I added to my cash as I only reinvested about 50% of the AAPL proceeds.

SBS immediately dropped more, emerging market stocks are under pressure as their currencies are weakening against the USD.  But that is ok, I can be patient.

I am now more than 24% in cash.  I like the stocks in my portfolio, but I so think a material pullback could occur and I want to be ready if there are some bargains to be had.

The one stock in my portfolio that I am a bit nervous about is NUS.  It has doubled for me and I would lock that in if it did not have tax implications and it was not an MFI position slated to be held until February 2014.  If I did the option thing, I'd buy some puts or sell some calls or do something to protect downside.  That being said, barring an investigation by SEC or FTC, I do think NUS continues to drift upwards.

I will be watching IQNT closely.  I almost bought them as a dark horse in my August 2013 MFI tranche.  They are a stock that was currently beaten down a bit.  They were new to the screen and jumped about 10% today.

Ringing The Register

Tomorrow is a x-dividend day.  AODNUS and RIG all go x-dividend.  What is that sound?  The cash register is ringing!


3 comments:

jb said...

You said "The one stock in my portfolio that I am a bit nervous about is NUS. It has doubled for me and I would lock that in if it did not have tax implications and it was not an MFI position slated to be held until February 2014." Go ahead and lock it in I say. There is nothing wrong with pay a bit more taxes. Paying more taxes means you made more money in the long run.
regards,
j

Paul T said...

Or sell 1/2 the position (I did this with IDCC last year.) Glad I did as it drifted back lower before my MFI year was up

Marsh_Gerda said...

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I am just trying to be disciplined and follow MFI as proscribed. I will grin and bear it as I do not want emotions or my gut driving mfi decisions.