Wednesday, August 28, 2013

We Got Game!

I would suggest that playing my instincts is at best a 50/50 proposition.  That being said, my last few moves appear to be working pretty well.

I sold SAI at the start of this week for a 5% gain at 15.60.  Since then it has fallen to $15.11

I sold NSU at the end of last week.  Since then it has fallen from 3.33 to 3.18.  Now clearly selling anything has probably been a good move in the past week as the general direction of the markets has been down.  But I also bought GAME at the end of last week for $4.50.  This was a stock I had profiled back in May (MFI DiaryMade In China) as being outrageously cheap, but stagnant.  Then recently (to me) it looked like they were showing signs of emerging from the stagnancy:


GAME announced their earnings this evening (Shanda Games Reports Second Quarter 2013 Unaudited Results).  While I have only skimmed them, they look very promising and did exactly what I wanted to see - re-ignited their growth.

I will read everything a bit more closely, but my inclination is to hold at least near term.  GAME is purely a discretionary play for me, which means I can trade whenever I feel like it.

Last 2 Days

Yesterday was a fiasco (even with my timely sales) as my portfolio was down 2.3%.  Had a pretty good bounce back today, up about 90 basis points.  I did buy some more HIG  (HIG-WT) and BAC (BAC-WTA) warrants.  otherwise, just standing pat.

No comments: