Thursday, August 22, 2013

Flash Freeze

Interesting day with the flash freeze on the Nasdaq.  My portfolio continues to power upwards with a 1.4% up day today. Not bad. I will post details this weekend.

I did a couple of transactions today. I sold my NSU at 3.33 for a 10% gain in my dividend portfolio. I had written in my "beliefs" post over the weekend that I felt China was a potential drag and that precious metals could suffer.  I decided to walk the talk and sell NSU. That means that TCPT is my only remaining precious metal play (it is a big one though).

Then another theme I am starting to consider is the re-emergence of Europe. I decided to double my position of TGONF.  S net net between the two trades, I have added more cash to my cash pile.

Looking forward, I may add over time to INTC, RIG, KLIC and ACAS. Those are my holdings that I think are the cheapest.

My Newest MFI tranche (August 15th) is already up 3.2% (helped a great deal by AGX, which is upm12%). I am telling you, the magic seems to be back.

No comments: