Monday, August 20, 2012

Timing is Everything

Less than a week into my new mfi portfolio. One week a portfolio does not make, but I will say it is nice (emotionally) to get off to a good start.  All five of my stocks are out-performing the Russell 3000 and in total I am up 4.5%.

Everything else is clicking as well (a sure sign I will be coming off the rails soon). Dividend portfolio was up another 25 basis points today. GTAT was up 1.4% and GNW was up 1.7%.

I think I am done buying for the rest of August. I do want to keep some powder dry in case there is a sell-off.  

I found out that hfc is paying another special fifty cent dividend next week!  Is that too cool or what? That means by the end of the third quarter I will have collected $1.40 in dividends on a stock I bought in February for under $34.

No comments: